This simple side of broiled tomatoes with melted cheese and breadcrumbs is great with a variety of dishes.
- 2 vine-ripe tomatoes, sliced about 1/4-inch thick
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven. Pre-heat the broiler.
- Arrange the tomatoes on a rack set over a baking sheet to allow air to circulate around them. Drizzle with EVOO and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and cheese. Top the tomato slices with the breadcrumb mixture.
Broil the tomatoes until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes.