Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Serves 4 snack-size servings
These meatballs are a bite-size take on Buffalo wings with some veggies alongside for good measure! Serve with Greek Nacho Bowls to have a variety of snacks to munch on while cheering on your favorite team.
- 1 pound ground all-white-meat chicken
- 1/2 small onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup hot sauce, such as Frank’s brand
- Good quality store-bought blue cheese dressing, for dipping
- 3 scallions, green and white parts thinly sliced, for garnish
- A couple of handfuls of celery sticks
- A couple of handfuls of carrot sticks
- Toothpicks, for serving
- Pre-heat the oven to 400ºF.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground chicken with the onion, garlic and parsley and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Flatten out the meat in the bowl and score it into four portions using the side of your hand. Shape each portion into four balls – you should have sixteen meatballs in total.
- Wash your hands after handling the raw poultry.
- Arrange the meatballs on a nonstick baking sheet and drizzle them with EVOO. Place the meatballs in the oven and bake them until they are cooked through and golden brown, about 10-12 minutes. Ask a grown-up helper (GH) for help using the oven, if you need it.
- While the meatballs are baking, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the hot sauce and whisk to combine. Ask your GH for help using the stove, if you need it.
- When the meatballs have finished baking, toss them in the hot sauce to coat.
- Transfer the meatballs to a serving platter and spike each one with a toothpick or serving fork. Place the blue cheese dressing in a small serving bowl and garnish with the scallions. Serve the meatballs with the blue cheese dressing, celery and carrot sticks alongside.