Caesar Lettuce Cups
These are like mini Caeser salads! You might also want to try out Thai Lettuce Cups.
- 2 cups bread, cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, divided
- 3 anchovies
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts, one finely chopped, just separate the leaves on the others
- Pre-heat the oven to 400ºF.
- On a baking sheet, toss the bread cubes with 2 tablespoons of EVOO, some pepper and 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. Bake them in the oven until golden brown to make croutons.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with one turn of the pan of EVOO, about 1 tablespoon. Add the anchovies and cook for about a minute to melt them. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook in the pan until golden brown on all sides and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook a minute or so, then add the Worcestershire sauce and the finely chopped romaine. Toss to wilt the lettuce and squeeze in the lemon juice.
- Remove the pan from heat and add the croutons and the remaining Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. Toss to combine.
- To serve, lay the separated romaine leaves out onto a platter, then scoop some of the chicken-crouton mixture onto each leaf.