Caesar-Style Kale Pesto
Try this Caesar salad-inspired pesto as a topping for fish, sliced steak, chicken or pasta!
- 2 bundles flat Tuscan or black kale (5-6 cups, packed), stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Pecorino cheese (2 small handfuls)
- 2 rounded teaspoons anchovy paste
- 2 large cloves garlic, grated or pasted
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds or pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
Bring a pot of water to a boil; salt it and add the kale. Cook for 1 full minute; remove with tongs to a cold water bath to cool and squeeze out all the liquid in a clean kitchen towel. Add the dry kale, now 2-3 cups total, to a food processor, along with the EVOO, cheese, anchovy paste, garlic, nuts, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon and the juice of 1 lemon.
Process the pesto sauce until almost smooth. Use as a topping for fish, chicken, meat or pasta.