California Chicken Club Wraps
These sammies rock – and roll. Have the kids layer on chicken, bacon, lettuce and tomato to wrap up one yummy supper!
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 breasts from a rotisserie chicken, skin discarded
- Salt and pepper
- 2/3 cup mango, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 avocado
- 4 large 10-inch whole wheat wraps
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce, trimmed and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 large tomato, cored and sliced
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 10 minutes. Transfer to paper towels; set aside.
- Shred the chicken on a cutting board, using 2 forks. Transfer to a small bowl; season with salt and pepper. Stir in the mango, 3 tablespoons mayo and the lime juice.
- Halve and pit the avocado. Using a small, sharp knife, cut a tic-tac-toe pattern into the flesh of the avocado, slicing all the way through to the skin. SXcopp the avocado cubes into another small bowl. Mash corasely with a fork. Stir in the remaining 3 tablespoons mayo; season with salt and pepper.
- Put a wrap on a work surface. Spread one quarter of the avocado mixture on the wrap, leaving a 2-inch border.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup lettuce. Arrange a couple slices of tomato in a row in the center of the lettuce. Lay 1 strip of bacon on either side of the tomato. Mound one quarter of the chicken mixture on top of the tomato.
- Fold one end of the wrap so it covers half of the filling, then bend in the two sides.
- Roll the folded end toward the open end, burrito-style. Repeat with the remaining wraps and fillings. Cut each wrap in half before serving.
Recipe by Tracey Seaman, Test Kitchen Director, Every Day with Rachael Ray. Reprinted with permission from Every Day with Rachael Ray.