This snack will be ready to eat in a jiffy, and it’s packed with veggies and whole grains!
- 8 whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1 cup hummus, store-bought or homemade
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 roasted red peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1-1 1/2 cups lettuce, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- If you have a gas stove, char the tortillas over an open flame. If not, place them in a dry skillet over high heat until they are slightly charred. Ask a grown-up helper (GH) for help with the tortillas, if you need it.
- Spread some hummus on four of the charred tortillas. Sprinkle the tomatoes, roasted red peppers, jalapeños (if using) and lettuce over the hummus. Sprinkle with lime juice, salt and pepper. Top the quesadillas with the four remaining tortillas and cut each into quarters.