Chicken and Rice Meatballs
These garlicky meatballs freeze well for a make-ahead recipe – serve on their own or with dippers of your choice, like gravy or marinara.
- 1 cup rice pilaf, cooled
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/4 cup onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the rice with the ground chicken, onion, garlic, parsley, Parmigiano Reggiano and egg. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Flatten out the mixture in the bowl and score it into four portions using the side of your hand. Shape each portion into five balls – you should have twenty meatballs in total.
- Arrange the meatballs on a nonstick sheet pan and drizzle them with EVOO. Place in the oven and bake until the meatballs are cooked through and golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.