Chicken Cordon Bleu Burgers
Chicken Cordon Bleu is fancy breaded chicken stuffed with cheese and ham. This is chicken, ham and cheese, but much simpler to make!
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil or olive oil
- 4 slices Canadian bacon
- 2 pounds ground chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons grill seasoning blend, such as McCormick brand Montreal Streak Seasoning, or salt and pepper
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- 4 deli slices Swiss cheese
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 rounded teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 sprigs fresh tarragon, leaves stripped and chopped
- 4 Kaiser rolls or sandwich-size sourdough English muffins, split and toasted
- 8 leaves lettuce
- 1 vine-ripened tomato, thinly sliced
- Preheat a grill pan, nonstick griddle, large nonstick skillet, or tabletop electric grill to medium high heat. Add a drizzle of oil and the Canadian bacon. Cook bacon until caramelized (brown and bubbly) at edges, 1-2 minutes on each side. Remove to a piece of aluminum foil. Fold foil over loosely to keep warm.
- Combine ground chicken, paprika, poultry seasoning, grill seasoning and shallot. Score meat with the side of your hand to separate into four equal amounts; make four large patties, 1/2-1 inch thick.
- Drizzle patties with EVOO and place on hot grill pan or griddle or in skillet. Cook about five minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Top patties with reserved cooked Canadian bacon and Swiss cheese, folding each slice of cheese in half to fit on the burger. Cover loosely with foil. Turn off pan and let cheese melt, about two minutes.
- Make the sauce: combine mayonnaise, mustard and tarragon. Slather tops of rolls or muffins with the sauce. Place burgers on roll or muffin bottoms and top with lettuce and tomato. Put tops of rolls or muffins in place.