Chicken Taco Patties
Tacos meet buns with these burgers that kids and adults will love!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup onion, chopped, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons canned jalapeño peppers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (a palmful)
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning (a palmful)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup taco sauce
- In a medium size bowl, combine the chicken, 1 cup onion, jalapeño peppers, chili powder, grill seasoning and garlic. Form four patties. Wash your hands after handling the raw poultry.
- Have a grown-up helper (GH) heat the EVOO, one turn of the pan, in a skillet over medium heat. As your GH to add the patties and cook them for 4 minutes on each side. When they’re almost done, top each patty with a mound of cheese and cook until melted.
- Layer each of the bun bottoms with the lettuce, a chicken patty, taco sauce, extra onion and a bun top.
Photo credit: Tina Rupp