Chili Lime Chicken
Serve with a black bean and corn salad.
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- Hot sauce
- 1 lime, zested and halved
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse the chicken breasts and pierce them a few times on each side with a fork. In a sealable plastic bag, combine the garlic, chili powder, cumin, hot sauce, to taste, and lime zest. Drizzle some EVOO into the bag and season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken, seal the bag and shake to distribute the marinade. Refrigerate for 1/2-2 hours.
- Pre-heat a barbecue grill or ridged grill pan.
- Grill the chicken for 6-7 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Transfer to a platter and squeeze the lime juice on top.
Recipe courtesy of Yum-o! The Family Cookbook.