Cilantro-JalapeÃ±o Bean Dip
Serves 4-6 as a snack
Hummus takes on southwestern flavors in this delicious dip.
- 2 cans chickpeas (15 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup cilantro (2 handfuls)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, coarsely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/4-1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
- Pulse all the ingredients in a food processor until a smooth paste forms; transfer to a bowl. Serve with your favorite dippers, such as grilled pizza dough, pita chips, cucumbers, carrots, red peppers or tortilla chips.
- To turn into a creamier hummus, add 1/4 cup tahini paste.