This tangy chimichurri sauce is delicious over grilled meats and seafood.
- About 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- About 1/3 cup red wine or sherry vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime or 1/2 lemon
- 4 fresh bay leaves
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 sweet bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 Fresno or other red chili pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup cilantro (optional)
- 2-3 small sprigs oregano
- About 3 tablespoons thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- Salt and pepper
- Place ingredients in a food processor and pulse to form a thick sauce.
- Serve over or alongside grilled steak, sausages or seafood.