This couscous goes well with a variety of chicken dishes, such as Spicy Chicken with Dates and Butternut Squash.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Zest of 1 lemon or orange
- 2 cups couscous, regular or whole wheat
- Place a medium size saucepan over medium heat with the butter. Add the nuts to the melted butter and toast until golden brown, 4-5 minutes.
- Add the stock and the zest of the lemon or orange to the pot and bring the liquid up to a bubble. Stir in the couscous, cover the pan and remove from the heat.
- Let the couscous sit for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork and serve.