Citrus Roasted Chicken
This juicy chicken recipe is always a crowd-pleaser!
- 1 4-5-pound roasting chicken
- 1 orange, quartered
- 1 lemon, quartered and seeded
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus extra for drizzling
Note: you will need cooking twine to secure the chicken legs.
Stuff the chicken cavity with the orange, lemon, onion and bay leaves. Tie up the legs with cooking twine and season the outside of the chicken with salt and pepper. Transfer the chicken to a roasting pan, drizzle with a little EVOO and roast until the juices run clear and a thermometer reads 160ºF, about 90 minutes.