Cobb Salad Turkey Burgers with Oven Fries
- 4 large Idaho potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus additional for drizzling
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- A few dashes of hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 avocados, pitted and fruit removed from the skin
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 pounds ground all-white-meat turkey breast
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 4-6 sundried tomatoes, reconstituted for a few minutes in a bowl of hot water, then chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 8 slices center-cut bacon or turkey bacon
- 4 sandwich-size English muffins or whole grain English muffins, toasted
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 1 large pickle, sliced lengthwise
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce, chopped (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 400ºF.
Place the potato wedges on a baking sheet and drizzle with some EVOO. Sprinkle grill seasoning over them and toss to evenly coat. Transfer to the oven and roast, turning occasionally, until golden brown and crispy, about 50 minutes.
While the potatoes are roasting, combine the blue cheese, sour cream, hot sauce and chives in a small mixing bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and set the mixture aside to top the burgers.
In another small mixing bowl, mash the avocado with a fork. Add the lime juice and some salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix to combine. Set aside while you prepare the burgers.
Heat 2 tablespoons of EVOO, about two turns of the pan, in a large skillet over medium-high heat. While it heats, combine the turkey, garlic, chopped sundried tomatoes and parsley in a small bowl. Season the mixture with salt and pepper and mix well with your hands. Pat the meat down gently in the bowl and use the side of your hand to divide it into four portions. Scoop out one portion and shape it into a patty, then place it into the hot skillet. Place the other three burgers into the pan and cook them through, 4-5 minutes per side.
Wash your hands after handling the raw poultry.
Once you get all the burgers into the pan, place the bacon slices onto a baking sheet and toss them into the oven with the potatoes until crispy and golden brown, 6-8 minutes.
When the burgers and bacon are finished, spread the avocado mixture over the four English muffin bottoms. Top each half with a burger and divide the blue cheese mixture among the four burgers. Top each one off with a few slices of the hard boiled eggs, pickle, onion and lettuce, if using, and cap them off with the English muffin tops. Serve these babies up with some oven fries and enjoy!