Devilish Chicken Legs
A devilishly good crunchy coating with a kick gives this baked chicken some unexpected heat! Serve with cooked carrot sticks on the side.
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup reduced fat Greek-style yogurt
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, such as Frank’s RedHot brand
- 4 large whole chicken legs, cut through the joint to separate drumsticks and thighs, skinned
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/3 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Cooked carrot sticks, for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mustard, yogurt and hot sauce. Add the chicken, turning to coat, and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes (or cover and refrigerate for up to 12 hours).
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and pre-heat to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and grease with 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
- In a large bowl, toss together the panko, Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Working with one chicken piece at a time, coat in the panko mixture and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, then bake until golden and cooked through, about 40 minutes. Serve with the carrot sticks.