Easy Pizza Sauce
Serves topping for 8 pizzas
Make fresh pizza sauce in a jif with this recipe, flavored with a hint of fennel.
- 1 can plum tomatoes (28-32 ounces)
- 3-4 tablespoons grated onion (grate over food processor or blender to catch juice)
- 2 small cloves garlic, pasted or finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel or fennel pollen
- A few leaves of basil, torn
- A few grinds of sea salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
Blend the ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.