Eggs in a Nest with Sheets, Blankets and Pillows
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 slice ham or turkey
- 1 slice provolone cheese
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Spread half of the butter on one side of the bread slice. Use a cookie cutter to cut out the middle of the bread slice, leaving 1/2 inch around the opening. Save the cut out part for the "pillow."
- Add the remaining butter to the skillet. When it is melted, place the bread and "pillow" in the skillet, butter side up. When they are golden brown, flip both with a spatula.
- Carefully pour the egg into the hole and cook until almost set, stirring a little to allow the uncooked egg to come in contact with the skillet. Place the ham "sheet" on the bread slice and top with the cheese "blanket." Cover the skillet until the cheese has melted, about 1-2 minutes. Remove the lid and serve. Don’t forget the pillow!
Recipe courtesy of Yum-o! The Family Cookbook.