“Everything” Chicken Tenders
This is a little riff on the everything bagel. We’ve coated chicken tenders in “everything” crust and baked them, and have a little scallion cream cheese sauce for dipping on the side.
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 3 tablespoons garlic flakes
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt or sea salt
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- Wood skewers, soaked in water for 10-15 minutes
- 1 box or tub of low fat cream cheese (8 ounces), softened
- 1 container of low fat sour cream (12 ounces)
- 6 scallions, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
- Place the minced onion, garlic flakes, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, black pepper and coarse salt on a plate and mix it all together. Drizzle the chicken tenders with some EVOO, giving them a toss to make sure they are fully coated. Place skewers through each chicken tender lengthwise. Dip each skewered piece of chicken into the seed mixture and turn to coat. Repeat until all the chicken has been coated, then transfer the skewers to a nonstick baking sheet.
- Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Turn them over about halfway through the cooking time.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the dipping sauce: In a bowl, combine the soft cream cheese and sour cream. Stir in the chopped scallions and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Remove the chicken tenders from the oven and serve alongside the scallion-cream cheese dipping sauce.