Fake-Out Mini Lasagnas
Serves 12 as a snack
Roasted tomatoes form the base of this easy-to-make ravioli lasagna with lots of cheese and touches of fresh basil.
- 8 vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced about 1/4-inch thick
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 24 ravioli, square or round, depending on your muffin tin
- 1/2 pound ball fresh mozzarella, grated
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 bunch basil leaves (about 24 leaves), divided
- Pre-heat the oven to 325ºF.
- Arrange the tomato slices on a rack set over a sheet pan and drizzle with about 2 tablespoons EVOO. Season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning and roast until tender and caramelized, about 45 minutes. Reserve.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt it and cook the ravioli according to the package directions and drain.
- Raise the oven temperature to 375°F.
- Build mini lasagnas in the cups of a muffin tin: start with a ravioli, a roasted tomato, a sprinkle of mozzarella, a sprinkle of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and 1 basil leaf and repeat once. Reserve the remaining basil leaves.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted, about 10-15 minutes. Thinly slice the remaining basil for garnish.