Fish ‘n Chips Sandwiches with Broccoli Slaw
This crunchy fish sandwich comes with its own slaw!
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain 2 percent Greek-style yogurt
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bunch broccoli, stalks only, trimmed and peeled
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 cup red olive oil potato chips, such as Terra Chips brand, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 pound tilapia fillets
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 6 potato hamburger rolls
- Pre-heat the oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, yogurt and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Transfer 1/4 cup of the dressing to a small bowl and reserve.
- Using a food processor fitted with the shredding disk, shred the broccoli stalks. Ask a grown-up helper (GH) if you need help with the food processor. Add the broccoli to the dressing in the large bowl, then add the coleslaw mix and toss. Season with salt and pepper.
- Wipe out the food processor and fit it with the blade; add the potato chips and finely chop. Add the breadcrumbs and process until finely ground. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Coat the fish fillets with the egg, then with the potato chip-breadcrumb mixture. Arrange on the prepared baking sheet and bake until firm, about 12 minutes.
- Spread the reserved dressing on the insides of the rolls. Cut the fish into six portions and place on the roll bottoms; top with some slaw. Serve the sandwiches with the extra chips.
Recipe by Tracey Seaman, Test Kitchen Director, Every Day with Rachael Ray. Reprinted with permission from Every Day with Rachael Ray.