Frozen Melon Bites
These frozen treats are a fun way to chill out on a hot day and are great for parties!
- 1 ripe melon, such as cantaloupe or honeydew
- 1/2-3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam or all fruit spread
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut, toasted
Note: you will also need toothpicks to prepare this recipe.
- Cut the melon in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Using a melon baller, scoop out round balls from the flesh of the fruit and drop them into a mixing bowl.
- Once you’ve got the melon all scooped out, put the jam into a small pot and heat it over low heat until it’s melted. (You can also put it into a microwave-safe dish and zap it in the microwave, stirring occasionally, until it has melted.)
- Stick a ball of melon with a toothpick, roll it in the melted jam to cover it, then roll it in the shredded coconut. Place the coconut-covered melon ball onto a large plate or baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining melon balls. When all the melon balls have been covered in jam and coconut, transfer the plate to the freezer. Let them chill out in there until they’ve firmed up, about 2-3 hours. Once they’re frozen, it’s time to dig in!