Fruit and Yogurt Smoothies
Smoothies are a great snack for everyone and refreshing on a hot day. You can have your kids pick out the fruit they want and you can substitute soy milk and yogurt for cow’s milk products if you choose.
This smoothie recipe comes to us from Felicia B. Here’s what she has to say about how her kids help to make their own smoothies: "To help make the smoothies, the children round up all of the ingredients and get the blender out. They put the ingredients in the blender and push the buttons to turn it on and off. I supervise, but they do the rest."
- 1 cup of any fresh or frozen fruit, skins removed if desired
- 1-2 cups yogurt
- 1-2 cups milk (1-2% preferably)
- 6 ice cubes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Add fruit of your choice to a blender. We use 2-3 pieces of fresh or frozen fruit, about 3/4-1 cup.
- Add yogurt, milk, ice cubes and vanilla.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Check out more snack ideas here.