Garlic and Cheese Orzo
Try serving this side alongside Pesto-Presto Italian Flag Chicken.
- 1/2 pound orzo, regular or whole wheat
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley (about a handful)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fill a large pot with water and place over high heat to boil the pasta. When the water reaches a bubble, season it with a pinch of salt and drop in the pasta. Cook to al dente, according to the package directions, then drain and reserve.
- When the pasta is ready, place a large skillet over medium heat with the butter. Add the garlic to the pan and cook until aromatic and tender, about 1 minute. Add the cooked pasta, Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and parsley to the pan, season with pepper and toss to thoroughly combine.