Greek Baked Fish
Bake your choice of fish and finish with favorite Greek ingredients for an easy wholesome meal.
- 4 pieces sustainably caught white fish, such as cod, haddock or pollack
- About 1/3-1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups breadcrumbs, loosely packed and coarsely torn or chopped peasant-style bread
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 sprig fresh oregano, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- A generous handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper, homemade or store-bought, patted dry and chopped
- 1 small fresh chili pepper, such as red Fresno, seeded and very finely chopped
- A handful of pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 medium or 1/4 large red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese, drained and crumbled
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
- Arrange the fish in a baking dish. Lightly dress with EVOO; season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the bread, garlic, oregano, parsley, roasted red pepper, chili pepper, olives and onions in a bowl and dress with just enough EVOO to lightly coat. Arrange the topping all over the top of the fish and around the dish. Scatter the feta around and over the breadcrumb layer. Bake the fish for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges alongside.