Green Beans with Caramelized Shallots
Caramelizing shallots releases their sweetness and flavor for a delicious complement to green beans.
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 6 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the EVOO in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sliced shallots to the pan and cook until caramelized, about 10 minutes. Add the green beans and chicken stock to the pan and cover.
- Cook until desired tenderness, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve.