Grilled Buffalo Chicken Salad
Buffalo chicken wing-style grilled chicken salad has all the spice and taste of Buffalo wings without the heaviness. See how Rach uses her skills to create this low-cal dish!
For the grilled Buffalo chicken:
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- Olive oil nonstick cooking spray
- Salt and lots of coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter
- About 1/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot cayenne pepper sauce
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup low fat Greek-style yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons mixed fresh herbs, such as dill, parsley and chives
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
For the salad:
- 4-5 cups chopped hearts of romaine
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 3 ribs celery, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 English (seedless) cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 4 scallions, sliced on an angle
- Heat an indoor or outdoor grill to medium-high.
- Spray the chicken with cooking spray and season with salt, pepper and paprika. Grill to cooked through, about 12 minutes or so.
- Melt the butter in a skillet and add enough hot sauce to coat the chicken. Slice the chicken into bite-size pieces and toss it in the sauce.
- For the dressing, whisk the buttermilk with the yogurt, lemon juice, herbs, salt and pepper. Stir in the blue cheese crumbles.
- Line a platter or base plate with a salad of lettuce, carrots and celery. Dollop dressing over the salad, top with Buffalo chicken and garnish with scallions.