Half and Half Upside-Down Pizza
Kids and grown-ups will flip over this cool new way to make pizza! You can use the suggested topping combos or make your own!
- 4 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- 1 can artichoke hearts (14 ounces), quartered if whole, squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small rosemary sprig, leaves stripped
- 1/3 cup pepperoni slices
- 1 1/2 cups canned chopped tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/2 pounds pizza dough
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 ball burrata cheese, torn into pieces
- Lemon zest, for sprinkling
- Position a rack in the lower third of the oven; pre-heat to 500°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment; brush with 2 tablespoons EVOO. On one half of the sheet, arrange the artichokes, onion and rosemary; on the other half, place the pepperoni and the tomatoes, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edges.
- On a floured work surface, roll the dough into an 11-inch x 17-inch rectangle. Drape the pizza dough over the toppings, pressing gently all over the dough to create divots.
- Brush the dough with the remaining 2 1/2 tablespoons EVOO; season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until the dough is golden-brown and cooked through, 12-15 minutes. Invert the pizza onto a cutting board. Carefully peel off the paper. Immediately scatter the mozzarella over the pepperoni and the burrata and lemon zest over the artichokes; season the artichoke-burrata half with pepper.