Heck of a Jicama Salad
Rachael made this easy, tangy salad at the 2009 South Beach Wine & Food Festival Kidz Kitchen!
- 1 bulb jicama root, peeled and sliced into thick matchsticks
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped (a handful of leaves)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (eyeball it in the palm of your hand)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Add the lime juice, honey, cilantro and cumin to a small bowl. Whisk them together and stream in the EVOO (eyeball it) in a slow stream. Pour the dressing over the jicama and season with salt and pepper, to taste.