Honey-Mustard-Dressed Green Bean Salad
This quick and easy vegetable salad is great as a side or to bring to picnics and potlucks and looks festive around holiday time as well!
- 1 pound green beans, cleaned
- 1 tablespoon yellow, Dijon or whole grain mustard
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 6 scallions, sliced on the bias
- 1 bunch radishes, sliced into thin rounds
- Steam the green beans in a covered pot with a half-inch of boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Ask a grown-up helper (GH) for help steaming the green beans, if you need it. Cold shock them by running them under cold water and drain well.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix up the mustard, honey, vinegar, a pinch of salt and the pepper with a whisk. Once the ingredients are well combined, drizzle in the EVOO in a slow and steady stream while continuously whisking. Add the cooked and shocked beans to the bowl with the dressing along with the sliced scallions and radishes (ask your GH for help with the slicing, if you need it). Toss to coat.