Kebab Skewers with Cilantro Sauce with Maneet Chauhan
Skewers (if you are using bamboo skewers soak it in cold water overnight)
Sheet tray/Baking tray
Plates for serving
*Potsandpans.com, offering trusted brands for every cook, has all your kitchenware and cookware needs and is a proud sponsor of Rachael Ray’s Yum‑o! Cooking Camp.
For the skewers:
- 1-pound of chicken or tofu (cut into cubes) or shrimp or button mushrooms
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons ginger, finely chopped or crushed
- 2 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Assorted vegetables (red onions, peppers, zucchini, squash) – cut into cubes
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper
- Lime wedges, for serving
For the Cilantro Sauce:
- 2 cups packed fresh cilantro sprigs
- 1 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 mango, peeled and roughly chopped (you can use frozen mango, thawed)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
Directions for Skewers:
- Mix sour cream, ginger garlic, salt, paprika and pepper
- Add the chicken (or tofu, shrimp, mushrooms) and vegetables (in separate bowls) and coat thoroughly with the marinade.
- Thread chicken (or tofu, shrimp, mushrooms) alternating with vegetables onto skewers; season with salt.
- Place on a tray and cook at the broiler setting in the oven until cooked through.
- Brush with butter, Sprinkle the kebab with the salt and serve with lime wedges and cilantro sauce on the side.
Directions for Cilantro Sauce:
- Purée all ingredients in a blender.