Look – little ladybugs! As fun to eat as they are to make, and they’re cute, too! Who knew bugs could be so tasty?
- 2 sandwich-size whole wheat English muffins, split
- 4 tablespoons pesto sauce, store-bought or homemade
- 1 cup shredded provolone or mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices of ripe tomato
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven or toaster oven to 400°F. Ask a grown-up helper (GH) for help with the oven, if you need it.
- Spread 1 tablespoon pesto on each muffin half. Top each “pizza” with 1/4 cup cheese. Top the cheese with a slice of tomato and scatter the olives over the tomato to look like the dots on ladybug backs.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes until very crisp and the cheese has melted.