Lemon Pepper Chicken
Can you imagine an easier recipe for Lemon Chicken? We can’t! This makes a great weeknight dish.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus 2 tablespoons, if roasting
- 2 lemons, divided
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely grated or pasted
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 3-4-pound chicken, skin removed and cut into 8 pieces
- Pre-heat the oven to 450ºF or a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the EVOO, the zest and juice of 1 lemon and the garlic and black pepper. Season the chicken well with salt and toss it into the bowl. Marinate the chicken for 15 minutes. Wash your hands after handling the raw poultry.
- If roasting the chicken, place a large, cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat with two turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Sear the chicken, meat side-down, until golden brown, about 5 minutes, then turn it over and transfer the pan to the oven. Roast until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- If grilling, grill the chicken until marked and cooked through, 8-10 minutes per side.
- Squeeze the juice of the remaining lemon over the cooked chicken. You can try serving this dish with Cheesy Spinach Rice Pilaf alongside.