Marsala Mushroom Ragout
Serves 4 (or 6-8 as a side)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 pounds mixed wild mushrooms such as crimini, shiitake and porcini, chopped
- 4 shallots, sliced lengthwise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Place a large sauté pan over medium-high heat with the EVOO. Add the mushrooms and shallots and cook until the mushrooms are golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Season the mushrooms with salt and freshly ground black pepper and add the wine. Allow the wine to boil and reduce, about 1 minute, then stir in the butter and parsley. Serve immediately.