Mini Deep-Dish Pizzas
Serves 6 mini pizzas
- 1 can pop biscuits, such as Pillsbury brand
- Cooking spray, for the muffin tin
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers from a jar, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Cut the biscuits horizontally into three equal discs. Press them into the cups of a sprayed muffin tin, pushing in on the corners and making sure they go all the way up the sides. Place in the oven and bake until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- While the biscuits are baking, place a medium skillet over medium-high heat with two turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Add in the onions and mushrooms, and cook until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Add the roasted red peppers and mix to warm through.
- Take muffin tin out of the oven and fill each pizza crust with about a tablespoon of sauce, a tablespoon of onion-pepper-mushroom mixture and a sprinkle of cheese. Place under the broiler until light brown and bubbling.