Mini Shrimp Scampi and Angel Hair Pasta
You can prepare the shrimp and sauce while you boil the water and cook the pasta – each takes about five minutes.
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 pound 300-count baby shrimp (that means there are 300 shrimp to a pound)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4-5 blades chives, snipped with scissors
- A handful of fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped or snipped
- Place a large pot of water over high heat and bring to a boil, adding a pinch of salt. Cook pasta according to directions, to al dente. Have a grown-up helper (GH) drain the pasta.
- Meanwhile, smash garlic cloves with a small pan; separate out the skins and throw them away.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add EVOO and butter. When butter has melted into EVOO, add crushed garlic and cook for two minutes.
- Add shrimp, then add the salt and pepper. Cook shrimp until heated through, about 2-3 minutes. Add stock and increase heat to bring to a boil.
- When liquid boils, remove skillet from heat. Add the pasta to the skillet.
- Toss pasta with shrimp, sauce and the snipped or chopped herbs.
- Adjust seasonings and serve.