Mini Steak on a Stick with Horseradish Dipping Sauce
Serves 4 (as appetizers)
Make extra – these easy appetizers will have your guests coming back for more!
- 1 pound sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce, for basting
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons chives (about a handful), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
Note: you will also need 16 4-inch long wooden skewers to prepare this dish.
- In a shallow dish, soak the skewers in water for at least 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat a griddle, grill or grill pan.
- Thread one slice of meat carefully onto each skewer by pushing it through about a half-inch from the bottom and threading it through a half-inch from the top, like you’re sewing. Repeat with the rest of the meat and skewers. Drizzle the skewers with EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Wash your hands after handling the raw meat.
- Cook the skewers on the pre-heated griddle to desired doneness, about 1 minute on each side for medium rare doneness. Just before you take them off the griddle, brush each side with Worcestershire sauce.
- While the steak is cooking, combine the sour cream, prepared horseradish, chives, breadcrumbs and applesauce in a medium bowl. Mix and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the Mini Steak on a Sticks on a platter with the Horseradish Dipping Sauce alongside.