Orange and Red Onion Salad
Inspired by Sicily, this Orange and Red Onion Salad is refreshing and sweet on a hot summer day. Navel oranges work best.
- 1 head Bibb lettuce leaves, washed and separated
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves, stripped from stem and chopped
- Red wine vinegar, for drizzling
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- Place the lettuce leaves on a platter and scatter with orange and red onion slices.
- Garnish with fresh oregano.
- Drizzle with red wine vinegar and EVOO.