Oven Fries and Spicy Gravy
- 4 medium starchy potatoes, cut into 10 wedges
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Steak seasoning or coarse salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Pre-heat the oven to 450°F.
- Drizzle the potatoes with the EVOO and the seasoning blend or salt and pepper. Arrange the potatoes on a baking sheet. Bake for 40-45 minutes, turning the pan and flipping the potatoes over halfway though cooking time.
- Heat a medium pot over medium to medium-high heat. Melt the butter, then whisk in the flour and cook for 30-60 seconds. Whisk in the mustard, Worcestershire sauce and stock. Let the gravy thicken for a couple of minutes so that it coats the back of a spoon. Pour the gravy into small individual cups and serve with the fries alongside for dipping.