Perfect for Picky Eaters: Grilled Chicken, Potatoes and Broccoli with Cheese and Gravy Sauce
- 4 chicken breast cutlets
- 6 Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced 1/4-1/2-inch thick
- 4 tablespoons grill seasoning (about a palmful), divided
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- 2 heads broccoli, sliced into large spears
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup milk, half-and-half or cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons tarragon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat your grill pan or outdoor grill to high and the oven to 400ºF.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- While waiting for the water to boil, get the potatoes started: place the sliced potatoes on a baking sheet and season with 2 tablespoons grill seasoning and drizzle with EVOO. Place into the oven and cook until golden brown and tender, about 35 minutes, turning them over halfway through the cooking time.
- While the potatoes are cooking, season the chicken breasts with the remaining 2 tablespoons of grill seasoning and drizzle with EVOO. Place on the grill or grill pan and cook about 3-4 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Once the water has come up to a boil, drop the broccoli into the salted water and cook ’til tender.
- While the chicken and veggies are cooking, heat the butter in a medium size skillet over medium-high heat. When the butter is melted, stir in the flour and cook for about a minute. Whisk in the chicken stock and milk and cook until thick and bubbling, about 3 minutes. Pour half of the sauce into a bowl and stir in the Dijon mustard and tarragon. Whisk the cheese into the other half of the sauce that is still in the pan, then transfer into a serving bowl. Season sauces with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- To serve, place a chicken breast, some potatoes and broccoli onto plates and let everyone help themselves to their choice of DELISH sauce.