12-year-old Derron made this recipe for his mom for Sunday dinner one time when she was feeling sick. After putting together a delicious pork roast sandwich for her, he even cleaned up the kitchen! Now that’s a way to get mom feeling better!
- 1 medium pork roast (about 4 pounds)
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Make small slits in the roast and insert small pieces of garlic inside. Season the roast with salt, pepper and garlic powder all over the roast.
- Add the roast to a roasting pan and sprinkle the sliced onion all over the roast and in the pan. Add water to the pan and add butter to each side of the roast.
- Cover the roast and put it in the oven for 2 1/2-3 hours (check with the butcher at the store to find out how long you should cook your roast, since it depends on its size).
- Remove the roast from the oven. Let it rest for about 20 minutes, then slice and serve.