Quesadilla pizzas help kids make a quick pizza with two cheeses and salsa!
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa, red or green, mild or hot
- 3/4 pound brick smoked cheddar or pepper Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives and pimentos, drained
- 3 scallions, cut up with kitchen scissors or chopped into small pieces
- 8 ounces chorizo or linquica sausage (available near the kielbasa in your grocery store’s meat department), thinly sliced or diced
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Take out two nonstick cookie sheets. Place two tortillas on each cookie sheet, one next to the other.
- Top each tortilla with lots of cheddar cheese.
- Place another tortilla on top of each cheese-covered tortilla.
- Put the tortillas in the oven and bake five minutes. Take them back out of the oven using pot holders.
- Press the tortillas down a bit with a spatula to set them in place with the melted cheese.
- Top each cheese quesadilla with some salsa, a sprinkle of smoked cheddar or pepper Jack cheese, olives, pimentos, scallions and some thin slices of chorizo or linquica sausage.
- Put the pizzas into the oven and cook until the edges are brown and crisp and cheese is melted on top, 5-6 minutes more.
- Take the pizzas out and transfer one whole pizza onto each dinner plate and serve.