Quick and Easy Pizza Dip
Kids and grown-ups alike will love this healthy pizza dip, and it makes a great party dish! It’s also an excellent substitute for mayo on your favorite sandwich, or you can pack it up for a dip-a-licious lunch box or snack on-the-go.
- 1 cup low fat or nonfat ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons sundried tomato pesto
- 5-6 leaves basil, thinly chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 4 pitas, cut into pizza triangle shapes, regular or whole wheat
- Cooking spray, extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)-flavored
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 carrots, cut into long sticks
- 3 ribs celery, cut into long strips
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 head broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, pesto and basil. Season the mixture with a little salt and pepper, then set it aside while you make the pitas.
- Spray the pitas with cooking spray and season them with the garlic powder and oregano. Place the pitas on a cookie sheet and bake them in the oven until crispy, about 5-6 minutes.
- Serve the ricotta pizza dip with the veggies and pita chips. Enjoy!