This recipe features seven different ways to prepare ranch dip – one for every day of the week! The ingredients listed are for the tangy ranch base. Check out the preparation instructions for additional ingredient ideas.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- A few dashes of hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley (about a palmful), chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill (about a palmful), chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives (about a palmful), chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the buttermilk, sour cream, white wine vinegar, garlic, hot sauce, parsley, dill and chives.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix in any of your favorite ingredients to make it special – suggested Ranch Mix-Ins are below.
Add 1 mashed avocado, a dash of hot sauce and a dash of lemon juice and serve with whole grain tortilla chips. It’s Ranchamole!
Add 1/4 cup salsa and serve with whole grain tortilla chips for Tex-Mex.
Add 1/4 cup barbecue sauce and serve with chicken tenders.
Add 1/4 cup pesto and serve with pita crisps and breadsticks.
Add 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and serve with pita crisps and breadsticks.
Add 1/4 cup chopped artichokes and spinach and serve with pita crisps and breadsticks.
Add 4-5 slices of finely chopped smoked salmon and serve with pumpernickel bread squares and cucumber spears or slices.