Ricotta, Garlic and Honey Bruschetta
- 1 bulb garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounces fresh ricotta
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- A splash of milk
- 2 whole grain baguettes, batards or other 2-3-inch wide crusty long loaves, cut into slices and toasted
- Truffle honey for garnish (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 450°F.
- Cut the top of the garlic bulb to expose the cloves. Brush with EVOO and season liberally with salt and pepper. Wrap tightly in foil and roast for 40-45 minutes; let cool.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the ricotta, thyme and milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the garlic bulb is cool, squeeze all of the garlic cloves out and mash them into the ricotta mixture with a fork.
- Spread on toasted bread slices and garnish with a drizzle of EVOO and/or truffle honey.