Roasted Asparagus with Sweet Caper Vinaigrette
Apricot preserves whisked with a caper vinaigrette add a surprising flavor to roasted asparagus.
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons apricot preserves
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup capers, roughly chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 400ºF.
- Place the asparagus on a baking sheet and drizzle with about 1 tablespoon EVOO. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Roast in the oven until golden brown and tender, 12-15 minutes.
- While the asparagus is roasting, whisk the Dijon, preserves and lemon juice together in a small bowl while slowly streaming in the remaining EVOO. Mix in the capers and season with salt and pepper.
- When the asparagus is ready, transfer to a serving bowl and toss with the sweet caper vinaigrette. Serve warm or at room temperature.