Roasted Caprese Spaghetti
- 1 pound thick spaghetti
- 1 pint red grape tomatoes
- 1 pint yellow grape tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups arugula, washed and stem ends removed (about 1 large bunch)
- 1 cup basil, leaves removed from stems
- 6-8 sprigs tarragon, leaves removed from stems
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 large ball fresh mozzarella, cut into small dice
- 1 loaf crusty bread
- Pre-heat the oven to 400ºF.
- Bring a large pot of water up to a boil, then generously salt the water and cook the spaghetti to al dente, according to the package directions. Before draining the pasta, reserve about a cup of the starchy cooking liquid.
- On a baking sheet, toss the tomatoes with one turn of the pan of EVOO and the salt and pepper. Transfer the tomatoes to the oven and roast until tender and bursting, about 10 minutes.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, start the pesto: in a food processor, add the arugula, basil, tarragon, pine nuts, lemon zest, garlic, salt and pepper. Pulse a few times, add the Parmigiano Reggiano and drizzle in EVOO, then pulse until combined.
- Scoop the pesto into a mixing bowl, then add the reserved pasta water, drained pasta, roasted tomatoes and mozzarella and toss to coat. Serve with some warm crusty bread alongside.