Serves 4 with seconds, or 6 without
Rollover Suppers are meals from which the leftovers can be turned into a second or even a third night’s meal with entirely different flavor.
In this Rollover Supper series, three popular comfort foods – meatloaf, lasagna and enchiladas – come together to give you two tasty, well-rounded suppers: Turkey Stuffin’ Meatloaf with Scallion Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans and, for the second night, this Enchil-lasagna. Now that’s a comforting thought!
- 1 Turkey Stuffin’ Meatloaf, thinly sliced
- 2 cups reserved gravy, from the night before
- 1 jar mild green chili pepper salsa
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 box frozen corn (10 ounces), defrosted
- 1 can black beans (15 ounces), rinsed and drained
- 4-5 scallions, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups Monterey Jack or pepper Jack cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
- In a medium size bowl, mix the reserved gravy with the jar of green chili salsa. Spread a thin layer of gravy salsa mixture onto the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Layer two tortillas, a third of the corn, a third of the black beans, a third of the scallions, a third of the sliced meatloaf, a quarter of the gravy salsa mixture and a quarter of the cheese. Repeat this process until all of the ingredients are used; the top layer will be the last of the tortillas, a little gravy and cheese. Place the enchil-lasagna in the oven until the cheese is bubbling and brown, about 15-20 minutes.