Rollover Turkey Vegetable Chili
Use the Turkey Bolognese with Whole Wheat Spaghetti as the base for this chili. Better yet, eat the Bolognese one night and use the leftovers to make the Turkey Tomato Soup for your kids’ lunch box and the rest to make the chili!
- 3-4 cups leftover Bolognese sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 small zucchini, grated
- 1 box frozen corn (10 ounces)
- 1 can black or red beans, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 cup sharp cheddar, Monterey Jack, pepper Jack or smoked cheddar cheese, shredded
- Baked tortilla chips, lightly crushed
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
- Pre-heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with two turns of the pan of EVOO. Add in the grated zucchini and cook until soft, about 4-5 minutes. Add the frozen corn, black or red beans and chili powder. Add in the Bolognese sauce and bring up to a bubble. Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook for another 5-6 minutes.
- To serve, ladle the chili into bowls and top with cheese and lightly crushed tortilla chips.