A little salsa spices up these knockwurst "sliders!"
- 2 Haas avocados
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes
- 3 slices pickled jalapeño chilies
- 8 soft, small oval whole wheat dinner rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 package jumbo beef franks or knockwurst (12 ounces)
- Pre-heat a grill to medium.
- In a small bowl, mash the avocados until smooth. Season with salt.
- Using a food processor, finely chop the garlic. Add the tomatoes and chilies and process for 5 seconds. Season with salt.
- Split the rolls, leaving a long edge attached, and spread the butter on the insides. Place the franks on the grill, cover and cook, turning, until lightly charred, about 8-10 minutes. Meanwhile, place the open rolls butter-side down on the grill; cover and toast until lightly golden, 3-5 minutes.
- Cut each frank in half crosswise and place a half in each roll. Spread the avocado mash down the length of each frank, then top with the tomato salsa.
Recipe by Tracey Seaman, Test Kitchen Director, Every Day with Rachael Ray. Reprinted with permission from Every Day with Rachael Ray.